Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Peak season

The allium is done flowering but I really
like the seed pod in this monochromatic
shot. It provides good inspiration for
the carvings on my pottery.

The Buttercrunch lettuce is not only
thriving but delicious too. 


Several zucchinis are now forming.
The kale is larger than expected this
early in the season.

There are potato plants flowering
and growing in large pots and the
herbs and garlic are doing great.
The plants must like the compost
from Hirzel Farms.

Mother Nature is at the top of her game right now. Some of my favorite flowers are blooming and the vegetables have really taken hold. I have been harvesting my lettuce for salads for a few weeks now.
I finally found the lettuce varieties that are tasty and
not bitter as in years past.

The kitchen garden has been worth all the time, expense and effort. I can get up in the morning when it's cool and poke around to weed and water all before I even get dressed. I made plant markers and the garden gate sign out of red clay at the 577 pottery barn. Barb's metal printer's type made short work of the lettering. My garden has become a source of personal pride and pleasure.


One of the plant markers
in my kitchen garden.
Note the clever gate handle that
Tim installed for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have a comment or need to contact me for any reason, you may do so by leaving a message here: