Saturday, February 11, 2012

new blog name to start the new year

Since I am now maintaining 2 blogs, I felt that yackety-yack is a better catch-all name for what I write on this blog. The other blog, also renamed Bits of clay, will focus on my ceramics-related thoughts and news. Originally this blog was intended to focus on my printmaking and pottery endeavors but it seemed that other activities, such as gardening and traveling, became prevalent blog topics. Perhaps this variety of postings better reflects my 4.5-years since retirement and that's a "good thing."

We made it through the easiest January I can remember. I had thought I'd be spending much of January stuck at home but that hasn't  been the case. I've actually seen a bunch of friends for many a lunch last month, including Ronnie from Cleveland. I was also glad for Benny, our blind dog who has difficulty navigating outside, particularly if there are banks of snow. He's hanging in there, we take one day at a time and he doesn't seem miserable.

Spring is coming! I recently picked up some bush bean, sunflower and zinnia seeds at Downtown Home & Garden in Ann Arbor. It seems like others are also getting psyched, checking out the gardening catalogs and making garden plans in anticipation of warmer days.

Looking forward to my girlfriends trip this March with Becky and Terri. Heading back to Florida, this time, Fort Myers, Key West and Sarasota. Sometime between now and then, I need to schedule a trip to Rhode Island.

Check out my ceramics blog for what is really keeping me busy these days.

1 comment:

  1. Glenn Mitchell This profile can give you a Amazon Gift Card Generator online 2019

    ReplyDelete

If you have a comment or need to contact me for any reason, you may do so by leaving a message here: