Friday, June 22, 2012

Thyme to garden

The kitchen garden this June. That's oregano
in the center pot, need any?

















Since I have been staying home with Batman, I have been able to putter around the garden a little more than past summers. This month I have also taken the first real break from my usual
pottery fanaticism. The hot weather we've had lately has made me extra lazy. I hope to be able to leave the house for longer lengths of time soon since Batman is feeling more secure in his new home. It is my plan to work again at the Potters Guild a few times a week.

After a very slow start at my 577 Foundation garden, things are finally coming around. I had planted 2 types of dwarf sunflower seeds plus zinnia seeds, in anticipation that I'd have lots of cut flowers this summer. Much to my dismay, the seeds were either bad or the birds ate nearly all the seeds or both. I believe I will be fortunate to end up with only four sunflower plants. I have now filled in with zinnia plants, yellow squash and other late season sale plants. My food bank eggplants are still rather sad however I have been experimenting with some new organic fertilizers, Happy Frog and Tiger Bloom. I have high hopes that they will soon be respectable. Tim, Batman and I have been regularly visiting 577 after dinner. "Batty" loves going there.

Batman's favorite spot is the shady steps
of the pottery studio.
The tomato plants have seemed to really respond to the Tiger Bloom because the tomato plants both at home and 577 are now loaded with blooms and green tomatoes. I planted three San Marzano tomato plants at 577 and hope to stock up on tomato sauce this summer.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your garden looks wonderful. If the weather remains this cooperative -- heavy rains and then a dry spell -- your garden should do very well. By the way, Batman is adorable! We miss you at the Guild. Come by when you can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifull, wonderfull, indelible dog...
    yet, gobs moe, Curly, Upstairs.
    Looky here, dear...

    Coming to my BIG-ol,
    John Belushi, party-hardy
    in illustrious Seventh-Heaven??

    Yes, earthling, I had a NDE,
    now I know s'up... literally.
    God bless your indelible soul.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ฟิลเลอร์คืออะไร?
    สารเติมเต็มผิวหรือที่เรียกทางการแพทย์ว่า เดอร์มอล ฟิลเลอร์ คือ สารไฮยารูโรนิก แอชิด หรือ HA เป็นสารที่รับรองมาตรฐานความปลอดภัยทั่วโลกแล้ว เป็นสารสกัดจากธรรมชาติที่มีอฉีดฟิลเลอร์หน้าผาก
    ฉีดฟิลเลอร์จมูก
    ฉีดฟิลเลอร์ปาก
    งค์ประกอบของคลอลาเจน มีโครงสร้างประกอบกันเป็นร่างแหด้วยวิธีการทางเคมี ซึ่งมีอยู่แล้วในเซลล์ผิว มีความปลอดภัยสูง

    ReplyDelete

If you have a comment or need to contact me for any reason, you may do so by leaving a message here: