Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Playing catch-up

I have recently spent (wasted?) entirely too much time trying to improve my scores playing iPad games—Scramble with Friends, Words with Friends and other Zynga games. My competitive side has now returned with these games since the card-playing couple, Tim and I used to play with, split up and we stopped playing cards. These games have become my new outlet.

Best Buddies: The Story of Ben & Jerry
I wanted to share a few projects I made for Tim this last Christmas. One was a small, hardcover book that is a collection of photos of our late dogs, Ben and Jerry. It was a way I could consolidate some of their best photos and our memories of them in a concise piece. I had purchased a Groupon for an online photo company called Picaboo (which is similar to Shutterfly) with the intention to make this book.

The other online project I made was a 2013 calendar featuring Mozzie. The Walgreen's Photo Lab did a fabulous job with the printing, premium paper stock and spiral binding. This was done in their main lab and not in a store. Some were Tim's photos and some were mine taken with my iPhone. They reproduced surprisingly well.

I'm glad that February is more than half over. I hope the worst of winter is behind us. We will be attending our first garden meeting for the upcoming season at the 577 Foundation this Sunday. It's time to think spring, gardening and seeds!

A cold Mozzie who can't wait for spring

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have a comment or need to contact me for any reason, you may do so by leaving a message here: