Sunday, June 1, 2014

The return to blogging

Today the peonies really blossomed.
After our dismal winter here in northwest Ohio and other life events, I was not up to posting. Feeling better and happy that spring finally did arrive, I feel I am not ready to abandon this blog just yet.

A willow cloche hides the
dying leaves of  the hyacinths.
Spring did come although it arrived a few weeks later than usual. This year we sought the help of a garden guy, Jason (Christopher's brother), to help clean up the backyard, remove unwanted shrubs and damaged boxwoods and replant some new ones. I was then able to focus on the planning and planting kitchen garden, flower beds and containers as well as the garden plot at the 577. I know it is a combination of a lot of work, aching muscles and age that I welcome Jason's help. He's a brute!

More sharing later this summer.

This 3-yr.old white clematis survived the
bunnies and a brutal winter.




No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have a comment or need to contact me for any reason, you may do so by leaving a message here: