Monday, October 10, 2011

On a sad note…

Jerry
Still filled with so much sorrow, I have to mention that our 13 1/2-year-old dog, Jerry, died on Sept. 15. He was always so sweet and such a trooper, enduring the last four years of twice-daily insulin shots and the nasty side effects of diabetes. My friend and vet, Tiffany, had the unpleasant job of euthanizing him but could not have been any more compassionate. I am truly thankful she was there and she reminded me that Jerry did have a happy life. These past weeks have been difficult especially for Benny, whose own health has seemed to deteriorate in his brother's absence. I can't help but reflect on the days when they were both so young and active. They will always be my babies.

Brothers and best friends

Benny (left) and Jerry on the backyard snow path

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have a comment or need to contact me for any reason, you may do so by leaving a message here: