Sunday, October 16, 2011

Pottery studio is done!


The studio sits behind the kitchen garden.
The finishing touches were added the other week and
I'm proud to report that I love my studio and have been happily working in the space. Christopher and his brother Jason did a wonderful job in making my vision of the perfect space a reality. The building is clad in cedar shingles which should weather to a natural gray, similar to the cedar trellis gate
of the kitchen garden. Christopher's attention to detail and his knowledge of pottery making made the project go very smoothly and I finally have a "second home." Everything fit inside as was planned and my brand new Skutt kiln is up and running. With the helpful advice I got from Julie, I did my first cone 6 firing it on Friday. It really is so nice to be able to just walk out the kitchen door and have it all right there.

Next posting: Results from the kiln, perhaps.

A outside shelf was added
so I can put pots out in the sun to dry.
The kiln is just the right
size for my work.
A counter provides additional workspace. 
Made the sign at 577 and
couldn't wait to hang it.

A place for everything!

Love my Shimpo wheel!
Got this sturdy worktable at
the Borders closing sale.



1 comment:

  1. Beautiful Cheryl. Love the organization inside and I love the cat print on the wall.

    ReplyDelete

If you have a comment or need to contact me for any reason, you may do so by leaving a message here: