Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Kitchen garden project continues

I'm getting excited about the kitchen garden that I have designed and others have done the labor so far. Today Christopher (by the way, he is doing the job) came by to go over the fence and arbor plans a second time. I gave him a piece of pottery. Maybe that's what I need to start doing more. Come over, get a pot. Anyways, he and his brother will be starting Friday. Maybe Tim will photograph before and after photos.
In all our house projects, it's nice to look back and see that progress was made.

I just got this book called The Ornamental Kitchen Garden. It's right up my alley, very pretty gardens, aesthetic and functional.

Spent the last few hours framing some prints. Now I need to get back to work making new images. I have several sketches so perhaps now that it might be cooling off some (wishful thinking), I'll have some work completed in September.

On Sunday Tim & I went to the Toledo Museum to see the Toledo Area Artists show and the Psychedelic 60s Poster exhibit. The area artists show was only small works in the very sad, graphic arts galleries with very few stand-out works. The 60s show in the Canaday brought back memories. The posters were mostly silk-screen posters with a lot of handwritten type. I used to doodle just like them…a graphic designer before I knew what a designer was. A lot of Fillmore East and West posters, black lights and all, and concerts that were even better than Woodstock.

Bought a really nice vase by Mark Nafziger at Collector's Corner. A pretty stoneware piece with fish on it. Like I need another piece of pottery.

Still making salsa…

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have a comment or need to contact me for any reason, you may do so by leaving a message here: