Sunday, August 22, 2010

Moving right along

Phase I
This past Friday Christopher and brother Jason came over and installed the fence around my kitchen garden (or shall I be pretentious and call it a parterre garden or a potager?). So far it's coming out  just as I envisioned it. Tim is documenting the progress. The first photo shows Phase I which Glass City Landscape put in.

Phase II

Above, Phase II shows the fence installed (the mesh fencing still needs to be trimmed to the top rail). Christopher is now working at home on Phase III which is the arbor and gate. They are being adapted from a photo of an arbor I found. I am so glad I decided to go ahead with this project, I can't wait until next year when the beds will be green. Ben & Jerry couldn't wait to put their mark in the garden, hence the bricks in the opening to block them.

Clif Boutelle called me the other day and wanted help on a brochure for the Wood County Library levy campaign. I can't do it because I don't have the software anymore. Nice to have an excuse. He would have had way too much copy nobody would read and the piece would look terrible. I referred him to others.  :-)

2 comments:

  1. Wow--a whole new meaning to "Marks on Clay". Very nice. I think the mesh fence on the inside works both from a design standpoint and from a maintenance/trimming standpoint. Win/win.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clif? Too much copy?? Surely you jest. Man, that garden is fab.

    ReplyDelete

If you have a comment or need to contact me for any reason, you may do so by leaving a message here: