Monday, October 4, 2010

Just a progress report

It's October already and we'll be celebrating Tim's birthday tomorrow at the usual place, seafood or Italian at the docks.

Love this cooler weather but it does mark the wind-down of the gardening season. Just recently I grew and picked a fall harvest of giant pole string beans (seeds provided by Louise, a pottery friend). She said they would surprise me and they did, not tough at all, as you would imagine, and almost sweet. I'll be saving some seeds. I'll be able to grow them on my home trellis next year. I moved some of my 577 perennial herbs over to my kitchen garden. I need to start cleaning up and mulching that garden at 577 this week.

Christopher is here again, working on the privacy fence so we'll be able to contain my one neighbor's sprawling thicket and hide their broken-down split rail. He's a brute, hand-digging all those holes. Next year, I envision removing some of the ivy ground cover and planting, if possible, a espaliered fruit tree.

Jerry is still out of sorts—he's feeling perkier however he's not well. He was always the chow hound and these past 2 weeks he has been so finicky and lost about 3 pounds. Three pounds is a lot for a dog his size.
He's back at the vet all day for series of glucose testing.

Pottery and prints are keeping me busy. Cheryl C. purchased from me a commissioned print of her pug Lollipop, aptly named "My girl Lollipop." I was happy with the way it turned out however I hate dealing with pricing and the money exchange. Cheryl appears to like it too. She will be returning for the winter to Hilton Head at the end of the week. This saddens me because she is really a joy to be around. Last week, she invited Julie, Nadia and I over for a lovely lunch at her home in Maumee. She is a fabulous cook and baker.

This weekend we finally saw Scott H. It had been a long time since we got together. Went to his opening at Bozart's on Friday where we saw other artist friends as well. Also met Scott, Renee and Carl at Moe's in Rossford Saturday night. I'm hoping we'll stay in touch now. Tim and I had been out of the loop since moving to Perrysburg.

Now working on more sgraffito pots as well as some wood-fired pieces since there is a wood kiln firing early November. Classes at the museum are going well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have a comment or need to contact me for any reason, you may do so by leaving a message here: