Thursday, September 23, 2010

We're home!

Seagull in flight at Beavertail, Jamestown, RI


















Tim and I arrived back in town late Wednesday afternoon and we made our rounds, first picking up Jerry at High Point, then Ben at South Suburban. The dogs were glad to be reunited and to be back home. Jerry's glucose levels are still fluctuating abnormally but he's feeling better than he has been recently. More vet visits and blood tests
next week.

My mom and Tim
Our flight to RI went smoothly, enjoyed perfect weather and we saw my mom, aunt, brother and sister-in-law. While there, I really enjoyed a huge 1 3/4-lb. lobster plus lots of other seafood and of course, clam chowder. One of my seafood favorites I had were stuffed quahogs, called stuffed clams everywhere else.

Aside from eating and a little shopping, Tim and I took it easy and went exploring near our Jamestown, RI, home on Conanicut Island. The southern end of the island is called Beavertail where the 1856 lighthouse sits on the rocky shoreline.

Also on the island is a windmill that was built in 1787. An old millstone that ground corn can be seen in
the foreground.
Dry-stacked stone walls, some hundreds of years old, are found on farms all over
the state.

Between our travel expenses, Jerry's hospital stay, Benny's boarding, the tree trimming and a malfunctioning refrigerator, it has been a costly period. Good news, all my prints were accepted at the museum store's submission day on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have a comment or need to contact me for any reason, you may do so by leaving a message here: