Saturday, October 23, 2010

Life is good…

but it has been very busy since my last posting. There simply aren't enough hours in a day to do all I want to do. Then suddenly it's 3 a.m. and I just make myself go to sleep so I can wake up around 9-ish. This week I put in a lot of hours at the museum (TMA) and a few at 577. I've also been bringing home pots from TMA to sgraffito (scratch designs on) and cutting linoleums for prints late into the night. Both the TMA Pottery Studio Sale and Holiday Angelwood Gallery show dates are looming and I need to get as much new stuff done for them. Being able to sell pottery will be a first for me.

Also next month is another 577 wood kiln firing and I'm almost finished getting things ready for that. This week I also put some pieces in the UT/TMA wood kiln firing at 577 since they had extra space. However I wished I had gotten some new things made, instead I put in things I had made at 577 that I wasn't particularly crazy about. The all-day firing is today. Fortunately I am not required to be there but I'll certainly be there for the unloading next week.

I am feeling obsessed about pottery, it consumes me. There is so much I want to accomplish but there is such a delay (weeks) in knowing if something is working or not because there are so many steps in the process where things can go wrong. So the more I do, my odds improve that there will be some gratification in the end. My results recently were split 50/50 between success/failure. I'm still figuring out what glazes, underglazes and slips will work for my pieces. I need Tim to take some new photos for me.

Last week I enjoyed a pleasant girls night out with Linda S. and Bonnie. We explored a few little shops in BG, Helena and Pemberville. We hope to do something like that again soon.

Nothing could top the time Tim and I had at the Eagles concert this past Wednesday evening. It was a birthday gift for Tim which I got to thoroughly enjoy. They were just fabulous, our seats on the side stage were so close we could see it all and they couldn't have sounded better. Don Henley, who has always been my fave, was perfection and Joe Walsh was the hard rocker of the group was also exceptional. The full-house audience knew every song except for 4 songs off their latest CD. The title track, Long Road Out of Eden was one of the great new Henley songs. They didn't get to sing every one of their hits because there have been so many although they played for 3 hours. Just momentous.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have a comment or need to contact me for any reason, you may do so by leaving a message here: