Wednesday, November 3, 2010

More of the same

Busy, busy, busy—with clay of course. Just found out that next Monday is supposed to be our last day of starting any new wet clay work. This seems a little early considering the last class is Dec. 1. Apparently if it has been started, we can continue finishing, so I will be throwing like a crazy potter this week. At least we're able to get into the studio 6 days a week. I have been throwing so much that the clay has sucked out the oil out of my hands so I have severe dish-pan hands.

My thought is the more I can get done, the more I'll have to sell. I have been somewhat pleased using the museum's glazes, clay bodies and slips. Of course, I'm highly critical of my work and still see much room for improvement and development but I am progressing. Spring museum classes don't begin until Jan. 24.

I'm running out of time in terms of getting new print work done
for the holidays. Perhaps if I get a dehumidifier in my studio the ink
will dry faster on my prints. I have a couple of new promising pieces in the works.

Not sure where all the kids came from on Halloween but we ran out of candy by 6:45. We didn't buy that much but we normally don't get that as many as we had this year. So it was lights out and out for dinner. Looking forward to seeing Elaine and Bonnie tomorrow for a GNO in Perrysburg, dinner at Stella's and some holiday open houses.

Another wood kiln firing this weekend at 577! These are always fun. More pottery I can't sell so hopefully they will make nice gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have a comment or need to contact me for any reason, you may do so by leaving a message here: