Sunday, April 3, 2011

April already?

My biggest pot to date. Gas reduction cone 10.
My potting frenzy at the museum has waned somewhat now that we are just finishing up existing projects. I was needing a break from my intense obsession of making pots and experimenting with different techniques as much as I could.

These days I am still going to pottery at 577 for both
the camaraderie and clay. I don't think I'll be giving up going there any time soon. This week I've been working on non-challenging pieces there—plant tags for my kitchen garden and pink bowls.

Last Sunday was the potager (kitchen garden) workshop with Vicki. It has me now on the garden planning track. She provided some great pointers as well as a great assortment of seeds and a chive plant. Recently I've been stocking up on organic fertilizer, compost and bug control products in preparation for what I hope to be the prettiest and best yielding growing season. I also bought asparagus starts, onion sets and lots of seeds. Some will be planted here at home and the rest at the 577 plot.

Christopher is back working on another house project—replacing screens and building new frames on the back porch. It was one of those projects that has been on the list and I know he'll do a great job
as always.

Been web-browsing for my new potter's wheel. Saw Tiffany and John yesterday and I should be all set to work there in my own studio space by the end of the month/beginning of May. Now I'm figuring out all that I will need although I pretty much have most everything except the wheel.

In addition to all of the above, a lot will be happening this month. Will be making a long-overdue visit to Rhode Island to see family mid-month and at the end of the month, going to southwest Florida with Becky to visit Bob and Terri. Never been to Florida, I hear it's already 85-90 degrees there. I hope I don't melt.

Porcelain pieces painted with underglazes. Cone 6.

1 comment:

  1. We are so excited to have you working with us Cheryl. Thanks for all your support and help!

    ReplyDelete

If you have a comment or need to contact me for any reason, you may do so by leaving a message here: