Thursday, November 11, 2010

My 4th Wood Kiln Firing


Unloading the kiln on Wednesday evening. Pots still covered with ash.

















My bunny and Julie's vase.

This past Saturday we fired up the Manabigama kiln at the 577 Foundation. Despite the cool weather, the kiln, wood firepit, food and camaraderie kept us all content. Turkey breast, Jerusalem artichokes, baked potatoes and bread were all cooked wood coals. It was all good.

My pal Barb with her siren pitcher.
While it might not have been the most successful firing in terms of everyone's results, there were still quite a few beautiful pieces. I believe the kiln did not reach the desired temperature toward the back.  Not a big issue, some of mine I will re-fire in a future firing.


Not the most flattering photo, here are just some of the group with
Julie (in the shark headdress), our fearless leader.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have a comment or need to contact me for any reason, you may do so by leaving a message here: