Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Sgraffito sells!

Green and brown sgraffito pots. Photos courtesy of Tim.
















Well it couldn't have turned out better! This past Friday and Saturday was the annual holiday pottery sale at the TMA ceramics studio. I wished I had my camera, there was a lot of nice work of fellow potters and decent crowds. This was the first time I tested the market with my pottery. Made $349, all but five pieces sold. Twenty of my pieces were my "signature" sgraffito porcelain pots. Barb says this style is my niche and they all sold the first day. All, except two of them, I considered to be test pieces or "seconds," so many were priced to sell. I am thrilled although I now may be short on pottery gifts this year. This really has given me the confidence to continue in this direction, yes!

New work (not sgraffito).

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have a comment or need to contact me for any reason, you may do so by leaving a message here: